Thursday, February 26, 2009

Shane - Netflix

Last time I was at Blockbuster it cost me five bucks to rent a movie. If you talked to any one of my friends you would know I'm far from cheap. I usually waste money on stupid stuff that has cool advertisements. i.e. I'm an advertisers dream. The aftermath of me asking myself why I purchased that has yet to prompt a return. Blockbuster just took me away, however, by charging so much money for one movie that I am only allowed to have for 48 hours. I've been a member of Netflix for about two years now and I couldn't be happier. For $12 a month (which equals about two and a quarter movies if I was renting from Blockbuster) I get a movie at a time sent directly to my house with a prepaid envelope for return, and as many rentals as I want in that month. On top of all of that I get unlimited movie streaming directly to my computer or xbox 360. What do I get from Blockbuster again? Oh that's right... late fees.

Ok, so I don't always take advantage of all Netflix has to offer that is included in my plan. In fact, I received a movie in the mail a week ago and have yet to watch it. So, this month I may end up only watching two movies. That still equals the amount that Blockbuster would give me for around the same price. Depending on where the nearest Netflix shipping facility is in relation to my house at the time, it usually takes no more than three days turnaround to send and receive a movie in the mail. It could be the bright red envelopes that are hard to miss that assist the post office in the speedy delivery or maybe a bargain Netflix made with the US Postal Service that all mail workers get Netflix service as long as they move quick to process others. Whatever it is, they do it well. Now that Netflix streaming has become so popular through the use of xbox 360 and LG tv's along with TiVo, Netflix has come up with plans that offer streaming only usage.

To learn more click here for the full article.

No comments:

Post a Comment