Thursday, February 12, 2009

Shane - Advertising, in your life...

Advertising is not something you choose to be a part of. Whether you like it or not you ARE a part of it no matter where you turn. The television is an obvious one and, if your like me, do your best to avoid it with the wonderful technology of DVR (TiVo) to pass right by them. You'll see the one commercial I think is hilarious from last years Superbowl that still runs occasionally and still have me on the floor laughing.
I think Google is unique in many ways for which I love each and every one. Simply going to Google.com does not flood you with miscellaneous advertisements that make you want to hold down the power button on your computer. It's a search bar on a blank page, plain and simple. Now, once you search it's a different story. The advertisements on the left side of the window still are not as bad as some on facebook and other websites. I must say that facebook is smart in the way they advertise. I've mistaken advertisements as part of my friends profiles because they do such a good job integrating them and relating them to whatever page I may be on.
Billboards are something else you cannot avoid. I almost got into an accident today because I saw a billboard on the highway that looked interesting but I couldn't see what it said. As I leaned over while driving to get a better look starring intently at it I realized my car was leaning with me into the other lane. With advertisements getting increasingly catchy and technologically flashy it is no longer an option to avoid them.

Hilarious Superbowl Commercial

No comments:

Post a Comment