Thursday, February 5, 2009

Liz-Google

I am convinced that Google is taking over the world. It is already the #1 search engine used plus it wants to...
- categorize all the information in the world
-
give users access to satellite pictures of anywhere on earth and in the sky
- take every existing book and post it online
- be the lead distributor of online video through YouTube

It has a hand in everything; it is investing in mobile technology, email, spreadsheets and other software programs. This article from the NY Times elaborates on Google's advances.

http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/news/business/companies/google_inc/index.html

Even our terminology is affected by Google. When asked about something I don't know, I don't say "search for it," I say "google it!" So I did just that; I googled Google. I found: Google maps, Google news, Google reader, Google video, Google.org, Doodle for Google, Google groups, Google blog, Google image search, Google Adwords, Google Toolbar, Google Earth...even Google in Francais.

It is really impressive to watch Google's growth and see society's dependence on the online search engine. I don't know how any other company could or will compete.

No comments:

Post a Comment