Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Facebook

This is my first blog so here it goes:

After reading the article on Facebook it made me realize that Facebook is not only a place to catch up with old friends but it could also help you network yourself. Facebook allows people to join groups of interest and it also allows you to meet other people that have the same interest as you. If you currently lost your job or if you are looking for a new job this site allows you to market yourself to other companies. This site always you not only to send messages to your friends but you can also chat with them when they come online to the site. No other site that I know of allows you to do this. After reading this article come to find out that my company just formed a group to help them with recruiting for open positions. Facebook is the new way of recruiting for company positions and is the new way to create/maintain Client relationships. There are endless opportunities to network through Facebook. I feel that this is only the beginning to a new era of networking!

www.facebook.com

I hope that you enjoyed it!

Kerry

1 comment:

  1. I have never blogged before, so this has been very interesting learning about the ins and outs of blogging, especially the reading in the book about how companies are using blogs more today to boost buiness and customer relations. Regarding Facebook, many of my colleagues at other universities use Facebook. I work in Campus Recreation, running Intramural sporting events for SHU students. Other Directors have found that Facebook is easier and more user-friendly when communicating to students rather than sending hundreds of emails and posting things around campus. I do hear of many people (students, staff, etc.) who are overwhelmed by the amount of emails received. I think it would be helpful in my line of work to unify and communicate to those within a specific league or a group participating in a certain event. This is assuming that students check their Facebook accounts before looking at their emails(?).

    ReplyDelete