Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Drew-Social Networks

I figured the social networks that are being presented this week I will learn enough about in class or I'm already familiar with them. So I decided the best bet would be to simply take a gander at social networks in general. While searching the Internet for a more general sense of social networks a few things came up. First and foremost was the plethora of online dating services which spanned pages. The amount of these pages that came up before any of the networks being discussed in class this week surprised me. Also, more than one article that I read spoke about the increasing amount of adults that are joining such networks. I didn't know how accurate the age statistics were(quadrupled in past 4 years) but the perception that these networks are strictly for young people is no more. Other interesting things I found were how easy they're used to raise money, to find a job, or to get fired through these social networks. So be careful what you post, your boss might be watching or even..your grandma.

some good articles- http://www.socialtimes.com/tag/social-networks/

Ironically, this eerily similar video came up in the search
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a_KF7TYKVc&feature=user

Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment