Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kristin - 10 Yrs. Ago This Would Have Been Crazy

So I just returned last night from a week long trip to Vegas. On one of my afternoons out on the Las Vegas strip me and my friend decided to stop into the Bellagio hotel for an afternoon cocktail. While sitting at the bar we began talking to a couple in their 30s. Turns out they were on their honeymoon. After about an hour of conversation with them I found out they had both signed up for Match.com (a popular online dating site) nearly two years ago. They found each other within their first month of membership and really hit it off. I used to think that online dating sites were crazy and you would never find the "love of your life" through a computer. Turns out I was very wrong! This couple seemed to be the perfect match for each other. It is crazy to think that these social networking sites exist that through answering simple questions can pair you with prospective future husbands and wives. Ten years ago if I met anyone who met online I would have probably thought it was crazy but I've noticed more and more in today's society people are meeting on these sites and it really seems to be working for many of them. Interesting to think about...could your future spose be one click away?!?!

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment