Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Drew-Search for a Search Engine

Have you ever hunted for a hunter? or painted a painter? What about searching for a search engine? After learning a great deal about Google with the book and case study I started to think about the competition between search engines. I have always used Yahoo with my email and homepage but Google has done much better since their emergence. So I searched Google, using Yahoo. This was the first result:

You could go to Google. Or you could stay here and get straight to your answers.

Hmm..Thank you, I think.
The results for searching Yahoo on Google were vastly different. Nothing tried to redirect me to Google. Any and all of the resources of Yahoo were available in the search. This could make for some good discussion as there may be some very logical reasons for these findings but it is nothing short of interesting.
-Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment