Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kristen - Google/GMail

First, I'm in complete agreement with Liz in the thought that Google is taking over the world. I'd say 9 out of 10 people you poll on a day-to-day basis when asked what search engine they use would say Google. Do people even still use Yahoo? I digress...

I use a Gmail account in addition to my Sacred Heart email (which is my work email address) and I love Gmail. It gives me the option to store about 2 gigs worth of email without forcing me to delete, or even worse, without deleting it for me with no notice. Gmail basically makes it possible to do all of the little things you do on your computer in one Internet window. Recently, with many of my friends now living abroad and working, my new thing is video-chatting with them on Gmail chat. With the click of a button (it is very much like Skype) I got a whole video tour of my friend's flat in London. Gmail also gives you options such as linking all of your email addresses to Gmail and it will deliver all of your mail to that address, audio chat, different contact lists, etc. You can also access the Google search engine through being in your Gmail inbox.

Google is definitely taking over the world. If not the world, then definitely the Internet world. I even Googled 'Gmail' to blog about Google. That's got to say something.

http://lifehacker.com/5103016/top-10-things-you-forgot-gmail-can-do

No comments:

Post a Comment