Thursday, February 26, 2009

Liz - online shopping

EBAY, Pricegrabber, netflix, etc...online shopping has changed our world. I am sure there are additional reasons, but the Trumbull mall has a number of vacant stores. There will always be your mall-goers, but I think retail stores take a hard hit with increased online shopping. Online prices are better, you can get exactly what you want and large or small, it is delivered to your front door. I do most of my work related shopping for equipment online - I can find everything online as opposed to going to 5 different stores and traveling all over the state. And it is cheaper! A dozen of softballs can cost upwards of $60-$70; pricegrabber has them for $49. I found it interesting that Pricegrabber.com has links to competitor sites selling similar products (Eastbay, eSportsonline, Target, Modells). I took a look at Eastbay and a recreational level basketball went for 59.99 while the exact same ball goes for 35.19 on pricegrabber.

No comments:

Post a Comment